Breakfeast in Bed 12/19/95

Breakfeast in Bed

12/19/95

Copyright © 2001 Ray Hebert


Yes the title is right, it is Breakfeast, not Breakfast.

This morning, as with most morning. Shaq gets me to wake up then he gets me out of bed. First stop is always the kitchen door for a much needed pee. Shaq is the one doing the peeing, I am a bit more civilized
(but not much more), He sprints outside goes to his favorite spot. The one by the back fence so he can piss off the dog living behind us. When he is done he comes barreling back in the house. I swear if I did not
leave the sliding door open I don't think he would stop.

Next comes breakfast. I get his bowls. Fill one up with water and put it down. He looks at it and gives me the lets cut the crap I'm hungry look. So I take his other bowl and put a cup of food in it. Yummmmmy!!!! Now I don't give it to him immediately he knows that he has to do something for it. Lately it has been laying down. So I give the command "Down" now most dogs gently ease them selves down. Not Shaq. He throws him self down. Butt goes down and front legs go flying out and head is positioned flat on the floor between his front legs. This is Down. Eyes are fixed on you.

I say "Stay" and he does not budge an inch. I put the food down and he springs up and attacks. Now this is what happens almost every morning. This morning was a bit nippy so I grabbed my breakfast and went back to bed to get under the covers and eat. I was laying there happily eating my yogurt when I looked up and here comes Shaq with his bowl in his mouth. Still half full. He jumps up on the bed with it and puts it
down on his side and proceeds to finish eating.

Now I am not sure to be upset or humored by this. This is the most social dog that I know. Always wants to do what you are doing. Drive the car, shower, watch TV, use the bathroom, and now eat in bed.

Cheers
Ray & Shaq

No comments:

Post a Comment