Thanksgiving Update 12/6/99

Thanksgiving Update
12/6/99
Copyright © 2001 Ray Hebert


Howdy All,

Yes I know it is no longer Thanksgiving, but I was overly lazy and am just getting around to writing. So be happy you are hearing from us.

It has been a long time since the last update. Shaq and Shasta are doing well. I am enjoying a most mild winter in Sioux City, it is now December 6th and there has been no snow. We may get some in a couple of days, but this is very odd.

It was warm enough on Sunday that Shaq went swimming in the river. Ok, it really was not warm enough for any sane animal, but Shaq is such a water hound that he plunged right in, swam around for a while then stayed waste deep in the water expecting me to throw something for him. Shasta just thought he was insane. She walked over to the waters edge and put a paw in and quickly stepped back.

Shasta has been a member of our family for over a year now. She has settled in quite well. She likes to snuggle up next to me in bed and will not get out in the morning until she has had a belly rub. If she has been less than an angel she will put her head on my chest and give me the big brown "I'm sorry" eyes. How can anyone resist them? When she wants a treat she gets you to go to the kitchen as if to let her out, then she gets all excited and does a sort of jump full twist with a sit at the end. Degree of difficulty, 9.5. She does this over and over again until you relent and give her what she wants. Shaq sits at the door looking dignified, refusing to stoop to such dramatics.

Shaq and Shasta often team up to get me to go somewhere in the house. Shaq will get behind me and butt me with his head, Shasta will walk on one side to make sure I don't take a detour. Together they will get me to go where they want. At which time I am at their mercy.

I have learned so much from Shasta in the last year. For example how to sleep with my mouth closed so I don't get my tonsils cleaned in the morning by a long brown tongue. Also I learned how to get both Shaq and Shasta up on the bed just prior to bed time so that they can warm it up. This is very useful.

Shaq really likes having Shasta around. He now has someone to play with all day. And play they do. I have sat for hours in my office looking out the window watching them play tag and wrestle. One of the oddest thing's is that they don't fight over who gets to clean the plate. Every now and then I will let them lick a plate clean. Both of them get their noses in at the same time and neither one growls at the other. Eventually Shasta pushes Shaq's nose out of the way and she takes over. Shaq does not seem to be overly concerned at all.

Shaq and Shasta also help out with work. They tirelessly surf the net all night looking for tid bits of information on the competition. In the morning they have reports all done.
So I can say that in the last year one of the best things that has happened to Shaq and I is that Shasta came into our lives.

Work is progressing along. I thought I was moving to Irvine in August, but had it put off for a while. I guess I am ready to move if that should be the direction to take. We do like Sioux City and would prefer to stay here, but sometimes you have to go where the jobs are, and right now in Gateway they are showing up more and more in California. So don't be surprised if sometime next year you get a note from me saying that we have a new address in southern California.

We hope that all of you have a merry holiday season and a safe new year. Remember to stock up on plenty of food and ammunition for your guns prior to the new year. Also be sure to check and see if your banks are using Gateway servers. If not I highly recommend that you pull all your money out prior to the new year and store it in an establishment that is using Gateway servers. If one is not near by it would be safer in a mattress.

Cheers
Ray & Shaq & Shasta

No comments:

Post a Comment