Gimpy Shasta 9/19/98

Gimpy Shasta
9/19/98
Copyright © 2001 Ray Hebert


Howdy All,

Shasta has a little cut in her rear left paw. She got it yesterday while out playing. It is not bleeding much, just a bit tender.

Shasta is not sure what to make of this situation. She knows she does not feel well and knows she is not as mobile as usual. None the less she still wants to play, and there is nothing stopping two labs when they want to run and jump as labs like to do.

Shaq is a bit concerned over this situation. He has had cuts on his paws in the past and generally knows what is going on. Yesterday (Friday) they were outside playing when I heard Shaq barking. Shaq does not usually bark unless there is something wrong. He was standing at the back door cutting up so I opened it up and told him to be quiet. He just looked at me like I was crazy and started to bark some more.

So I went outside and he ran over to the far side of the yard where Shasta was laying. When she saw me she popped up started to run to me on three legs. Shaq was right next to her. When I got to her she laid down and let me look at her paw. It had a little cut in it, not deep and not big. Shaq came over and inspected it. Gave it a few big licks. I got Shasta in and cleaned it out. She isn't in any obvious pain, just a bit sore from the looks of it.

Even though she is a bit lame, Shasta still wants to play. So when I throw the ball she will still go out and try to get it. Shaq wins the race and she gets pissed off and chases him around the yard at full speed on three legs. She is getting very fast on three legs and will undoubtedly have a very strong right rear leg when this is all done with.

So that is the latest antics of Shaq and Shasta. She is doing fine and should be running normally by Monday. Until then just call her Gimpy Shasta.

Cheers
Ray & Shaq & Shasta

No comments:

Post a Comment