Shaq the Bed Pig 2/10/96

Shaq the Bed Pig
2/10/96
Copyright © 2001 Ray Hebert



Last night I had to toss Shaq out of Bed. I was on my little sliver of the bed happily sleeping away when Shaq decided to hog the bed. Shaq is usually a good sleeper. He tosses a bit, but usually he leaves a little place for me to sleep.

Now this is a Queen size bed. I was sleeping peacefully when Shaq decided that he had to sleep on the spot where I was. He laid next to me with his back against me and snuggled up and moved me about an inch. When I moved to give him room he moved closer and gave me another hip check. At about 4 am I was laying on the floor. Shaq didn’t even stir. I got up and scolded him, but all he did was lift his head and give me that “yea so what” look. So I moved him to his side of the bed. But a little while later I felt him next to me again. And again got hip checked until I was almost out of the bed.

This time I just went over to his side and laid down. He got up and moved next to me and proceeded to hip check me out of the bed again. Shaq wanted all the bed to himself. I finally got up and tossed him off the bed. He was not happy, tried to jump back on but I pushed him off. This went on for about an hour. I would start to go to sleep and up he would jump and off he would go. Finally he curled up on my robe and went to sleep.

Not sure what got into him. I think the fact that I was not able to bring him to the part to play the last couple of days may have had something to do with it. He is a very vengeful dog. So today we went out and hung out at Auditorium Shores. On the way home he let me stop at Hoppers for a beer. Even gave me a couple of bucks to spend. What a guy. So I think he was saying he was sorry. We’ll see tonight.

Sleep tight
Ray & Shaq

No comments:

Post a Comment